Latest Media Release
Currently, the vast majority of North America’s container-grown nursery crops are produced using soilless growing substrates and fertilized with controlled-release fertilizers. In the past several years, Vineland has conducted on-farm trials, with representative, industry-standard cultural practices, using most common crops, growing substrates, and fertilizer types to provide fertilization guides for nursery operations in temperate climate regions.
Latest Innovation Report
- New sweet potato variety suited to the Canadian growing season
- The potential of sweet potato propagation
- Orange sweet potatoes golden for consumers
- Cracking the code on eggplant production
- Okra proves A-OK for Canadian growers
- The scent of opportunity
- Gene miners: Meet PGI, Vineland's first spin-off company
- Mini-cuke packer promises big changes
- Scouting program proves fruitful
- Stars align for Chinook SunriseTM
The snow is still falling in many parts of Canada but green thumbs everywhere are already planning what to grow in their gardens this summer.