Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for Vice President, Finance & Administration to work in an industry-driven research environment. Vineland is a world-class research centre dedicated to horticultural science and innovation. Located in Canada’s Niagara Region, Vineland’s mission is to deliver innovative products and production solutions that address the needs of the horticulture industry and advance Canada’s research and commercialization agenda. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization, funded in part by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
Our people are the most important asset in achieving our goals and are known in the world for excellence in science and entrepreneurship. Our staff enjoys an exciting and challenging work environment noted for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Vineland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Vice President (VP), Finance & Administration reports directly to the President and CEO and acts as the senior financial officer of the corporation. The VP is responsible for Finance (budget management, reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and risk management), integrated systems and infrastructure (enterprise software applications and information technology) areas, human resources and facilities (buildings, greenhouses and farms).
The VP plays a key role in the financial management of the corporation through sound strategic and financial planning as well as effective and judicious allocation of approved resources and the monitoring of the same. The VP is responsible for leading the development and maintenance of strong financial policies, financial systems, procedures and standards.
The VP has overall responsibility for the corporation’s integrated systems and information technology infrastructure and will develop and implement short and long-term technology plans that align with Vineland’s goals and user requirements and meet standards for integrity and security.
The VP provides oversight and advice in all aspects of Vineland’s Human Resources functions.
The VP is responsible for funding applications and oversight of all capital expansion projects, as well as routine capital, to ensure appropriate maintenance of facilities. The VP oversees the planning and management of installation and repairs on the buildings, systems, structures and grounds.
- An advanced degree, an accounting designation and a minimum of five-year senior financial experience (preferably in the not-for-profit and/or research sector). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Evidence of well-developed strategic thinking and project management skills in a deadline-driven environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing are constantly required
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a commitment to building leadership capacity within Vineland
- Understanding the realities of managing within financial constraints, meeting reporting requirements and the need to manage revenues through various initiatives (e.g. revenue generating programs, partnership agreements, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal) combined with outstanding human relations, team building and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of database and presentation software, spreadsheets and statistical programs
- Skilled in maintaining supporting business processes, including budget control and data integrity
- Capable of resolving issues in an open and participative manner
This is a full-time permanent position.
How to Apply:
This position is open until filled. Click on the Apply Now button.