Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Summer Student - Consumer Insights (Peaches). You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist with data collection for Peach Cold Chain Management project and preparation for edible flower trials.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Logistics and sorting of peaches for post-harvest cooling and storage trials
- Chemical and physical measurements of peaches, such as soluble solids, pH, titratable acidity and firmness
- Sample preparation for sensory evaluation of horticultural products both edible and non-edible
- Completed first year of undergraduate degree in food science, biology, psychology or related field
- Good laboratory skills and/or food handling practices
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
The term of appointment for this position is from May 1, 2017 to September 1, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.