Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a contract or co-op Research Technician - Horticulture Production position. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of a Research Scientist you will be required to provide assistance as needed for research in the laboratory, greenhouse and field related to nursery nutrient management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day laboratory and field activities
- Carry out specific research projects, monitor and document progress and manage data from projects in the laboratory and field
- Work collaboratively with researchers, clients, industry stakeholders and the internal business development team to ensure delivery of research outcomes
- Help prepare reports, and communication of research findings and other technical developments to stakeholders
- Appropriate educational preparation at the BSc or equivalent work experience in soil science, horticulture, plant biology or related fields
- Some work experience in greenhouse or nursery production systems
- Laboratory skills and field techniques related to fertilization growing substrate for nursery production
- Skills in plant growth and physiology measurements
- Knowledge and experience in data collection, entry and statistical analysis
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience in greenhouse or nursery production systems and nutrient management would be desirable
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, must be 25 years or older
- Knowledge of WHMIS, First Aid/CPR
The term of appointment for this position starts immediately until December 22, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.