Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Scientist - Computer Vision. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist in the development of Image Processing algorithms to support the Robotics and Automation department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop image acquisition and processing procedures
- Design and implementation of algorithms to control and calibrate industrial vision cameras
- Develop real-time algorithms that use vision data to support decision making
- Develop state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for object detection, classification, and recognition
- Prototype hardware and software solutions for detection, classification, and recognition
- Develop robust software for integrating multiple vision sensors and tracking systems
- Collaborate in writing research papers and present results in seminars and conferences
- Take part in system design review sessions
- Develop projects and apply for grants
- Manage research technicians
- Post-graduate of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience with image acquisition systems
- Experience with 2-D and 3-D image processing algorithms
- Experience with imaging data collection, filtering and preparation
- Experience with thermal cameras
- Experience with programming and writing codes
- Ability to interact directly with a wide variety of individuals
- Image processing in the agricultural field
- Knowledge of deep learning applied to imaging processing
- Worked with vision systems applications in robotics and automation
- Skilled at writing journal and conference papers as well as grant proposals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal direction
The term of appointment for this position is April 3, 2017 to December 31, 2018.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.