Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Associate - Consumer Insights to work in an industry-driven research environment. Vineland is a world-class research centre dedicated to horticultural science and innovation. Located in Canada’s Niagara Region, Vineland’s mission is to deliver innovative products and production solutions that address the needs of the horticulture industry and advance Canada’s research and commercialization agenda. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization, funded in part by Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
Our people are the most important asset in achieving our goals and are known in the world for excellence in science and entrepreneurship. Our staff enjoys an exciting and challenging work environment noted for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Vineland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To manage and implement sensory and consumer research projects to support horticultural sector including online, CLT and HUT.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use consumer insights to inform commercialization and business development opportunities both internal and external to Vineland and demonstrate impact for the horticultural sector
- Manage tasks related to new project development of short-term research projects
- Seek out collaborative research opportunities in the horticulture sector and generate financial support through industry partnerships and granting
- Trends report through collation of research from multi-year studies, e.g. roses, apples
- Research reports, publications and presentations of research findings to academic and industry audiences
- Implement new research methods to drive innovation and increase cost-effectiveness
- Collaborative and open-minded with ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Align and exemplify Vineland’s vision, mission and core values
- PhD in food science, biology, psychology or related field
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experimental design in sensory evaluation and consumer science
- Quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Project management
- Statistical analysis
- Writing grant proposals and project report
The term of appointment for this position is April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2020. The salary will be based on skill and experience of the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.