Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for two Research Assistant - World Crops summer student positions. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist with the world crops project.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior Research Technician and Technician to execute world crops field trials (planting, crop maintenance, harvesting)
- Collect data
- Harvest and maintain greenhouse crops
- Data processing
- Second or third-year student ideally in horticulture, agriculture
- Prior field work experience
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Some farm or greenhouse experience desirable
The term of appointment for these positions is May 1, 2017 to September 1, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.